Praise & Worship
Praise and Worship is important because:
- It helps us to grow in our faith.
- It helps us to be thankful for all that God has done for us and the many blessings that we have received from Him.
- It strengthens our relationship with God.
- It allows us to be more aware of His presence in our lives.
- It creates an intimate space between us and the Lord, allowing Him to speak directly to our hearts.
Some thoughts on Praise and Worship
Have you ever asked the question, “Why do we spend so much time in our services on worship?” What is the reason for all the present emphasis on worship?
It is insufficient to think of our worship services as merely ‘the preliminaries,’ something to ‘condition’ the congregation in preparation for the truly important part of the service: the sermon.
Praise and Worship is truly important in the preparation of the most impratnt part od the service: the sermon.
It is time to seriously consider from a broader perspective the vital role that worship plays in the life of the congregation.There are three general spheres in which our worship services minister:
There is the vertical aspect of worship, the level in which the worshiper communicates with the Lord;
There is the horizontal aspect of worship, the level in which the worshiper communicates with others in the congregation;
There is the inward aspect of worship, where the worshiper is personally affected by the worship service.
Each of these areas will help us in understanding the role of worship in the congregation.