God Loves You. He Always Has, He Always Will.
Do you know for sure that you are going to heaven?
If God were to ask you: “Why should I let you in my heaven?” What would you say? Did you know the Bible tells HOW YOU CAN KNOW FOR SUREthat you have eternal life and will be with God in heaven forever? “These things I have written unto you…that you may know you have eternal life…”
- ETERNAL LIFE is a free gift. It is not earned or deserved (Romans 6:23,Ephesians 2:8-9).Why is it that no one can earn his way to heaven? The Bible says that…
- MAN is a sinner and cannot save himself (Matthew 5:48, Romans 3:23). However, the Bible says that in spite of our sin…
- GOD is merciful (John 4:8), but He is also just (Exodus 34:7,Ezekiel 18:4). God loves us and doesn’t want to punish us, but He is just and holy, and must punish sin. The Bible says that God solved this problem for us in the person of…
- JESUS CHRIST, the infinite God-man (John 1:1,14). He died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. He rose from the grave to purchase a place for us in heaven (Isaiah 53:6, Corinthians 15:1-5). Jesus now offers you eternal life (heaven) as a free gift.
The Bible says that this gift is received by…
- FAITH, the key that opens the door to heaven. Saving faith is not mere HEAD KNOWLEDGE, like believing certain historical facts. Even the demons believe there is one God (James 2:19). Saving faith is not TEMPORAL, either; that is, trusting God during times of crisis, such as financial, family, or physical needs. Now these are good, and you should trust Christ for these, but they are not saving faith. Saving faith is trusting in Jesus alone for eternal life. It means resting upon Him and what He has done rather than in what you or I have done to get us into heaven (Acts 16:31,Ephesians 2:8-9).
You have just read the greatest story ever told about the greatest offer ever made by the greatest person who ever lived, Jesus Christ. The question that God is asking you now is…
Would you like to receive the gift of eternal life? Because this is is such an important matter, let’s clarify just what it involves.
Transfer your trust from what you have been doing to what Christ has done for you on the cross. Accept Christ as your Lord and Savior. Repentand be willing to turn from anything that is not pleasing to Him. He will reveal His will to you as you grow in your relationship with Him.
You can go to God in prayer right now where you are. You can receive His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ right now (Romans 10:10,13). Here’s a suggested prayer:
“Lord Jesus Christ, I know I am a sinner and do not deserve eternal life. I believe you died and rose from the grave to purchase a place in heaven for me. Lord Jesus, come into my life; take control of my life; forgive my sins and save me. I repent of my sins and now place my trust in You for my salvation. I accept the free gift of eternal life.”
If this prayer is the sincere desire of your heart, look at what Jesus promises to those who believe in Him. “Most assuredly I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life”(John 6:47).
Welcome to God’s family. We encourage you to call the church at (051) 85517 and talk to Pastor Gerard. Tell him what you have read and feel free to ask him whatever questions that you may have. We are happy to explain in more detail what the Christian life has in store for you. Come visit us some time on Sunday morning at 10.30am or Tuesday evening 8.00pm. Get connected. God loves you. He always has and always will.
Gospel content used with permission from Evangelism Explosion international, a ministry dedicated to equipping Christians in personal witness. For more information, go to evangelismexplosion.org