THis is the second Video in the series Prayer Guidlines
Please follow the notes below in the first video
Guidelines for hearing the voice of GOD
Satan does not want you to hear God’s voice because your relationship with The Lord can wreak havoc on his Kingdom. Knowing that you will have to fight the enemy as you enter your time alone with God will help you to stay focused on your commitment to Prayer.
The following notes are only ‘guidelines’ to help you win the battle. You will have developed your own walk with God in these matters over the years, for those of you who have been ‘fighting the good fight’ for some time now. So perhaps it would be best to use this as
- A refresher course in matters of ‘Prayer and intercession’
- In also allowing this to be a time of ‘strengthening the feeble hands’ who have been in the battle and need refreshed
- So Please allow me to just walk through some of these ‘old truths’ with you once again
- There is always something ‘warming to the heart’ to go over truths that have been so dear to us over the years
*Note: Please take time to look up the scriptures provided with each point and allow them to instruct you further in these matters
- Submit your own will and reasoning to The Holy Spirit.
Many times, your own will and reasoning get in the way of what the spirit of the Lord wants to communicate to you.
NIVO Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
NIVO Isaiah 50:10 Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the word of his servant? Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.
- Open the Word of God and meditate on Scripture before you begin to Pray
- Allow The Word to open your mind and heart to receive ‘from Him’ and not outside sources
- Remember you are Praying at this time!
- Not asking for ‘anything’
- Not desiring direction ‘immediately’
- Not in a place of ‘personal desire or need’ just in Prayer (this will explain itself as we go on)
(See: Psalm 119:104,125; Proverbs 3:5, 16:3; 1 Corinthians 2:14-16; James 4:7-8)
- Turn off your own problems.
This is not always easy, but it is necessary for true communication.
Concentrating on your own problems can bring confusion, causing a mixture of interpretation.
- In other words (forget about yourself at this season)
NIVO Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
(See: Psalm 37:5; 42:5; 43:5; Isaiah 26:3; Philippians 2:4; 4:6-7; 1 Peter 5:7)